Thursday, January 29, 2009

And another interview


This one is in our local newspaper, The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, purveyor of all the news from the mines since 1906, I think. And it's true that I worked there in the early 1980s. There were relatively few quality jobs in town in those days, especially for a young man with no skills but art. The N-M was responsible for turning my fine art into commercial art, which has provided me a steady paycheck ever since (until I quit all graphics work two years ago to devote all my time to writing).

The article and my grinning mug appeared on the front page of the newspaper. That blows me away.

If I could correct one thing, though, the term I was referring to is "fix-up." As in: He fixed up his award-winning novella into a full-length novel. I fixed-up "We Were Out of Our Minds with Joy" into Counting Heads.

No comments: